Monday, July 8, 2013

The Reunion Dash

So much has been going on since the last Thompson reunion and now it is upon me.  I have five days to prepare.  This is our fourth annual reunion.   Having been the primary planner for the past four years,  one would think I would be an old hand at getting ready.,,,, and for the most part I am.
There is always the last minute food details.  We always provide the main meat entrees, drinks, plates, and utensils.  Everyone one who attends is requested to bring a covered dish to share.  One of my wonderful "nephews" prepares the meat for us.  He is an great bbq'er and smoker.  All I have to worry about in the area is getting the meat to him for cooking.  That has been arranged.
Where I got sidetracked this year was the genealogy side.  I always like to bring something new to the reunion.  This year...I missed that goal....I had a lot of plans but nope missed it.  I have a display board which starts with my great grandparents, George and Fannie Thompson.  It has pictures of their children, their parents, and them.  It has an image of the census record that has most of all the children in the same household.  Every year I have added to this display.  This year I will be adding their grandchildren's pictures.

But as for new research... not really anything to contribute.  I had different research issues to pursue on this family but when I did do research, I ended up following other family lines.  The board is missing an image of one ancestor, my 2nd great grandfather, William Flaharty.  I had hoped to confirm his parentage before this reunion.  Maybe next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment