Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Genealogical Resolutions for 2012 - Better Late?


Several months ago...okay four months ago.... two months after the beginning of the new year, I noted some genealogical pursuits that I would like to accomplish in 2012. As I was reviewing my draft blogs, I realized that this entry was never posted. Better late than never?

Any way here we go...... I resolve to the following:

1) Join a few local genealogical socities that relate to my family especially one that has meetings.

2) If none of the societies that I join have meetings, look to start a local research group.

3) Get all of the cemetery pictures I have taken over the past year posted on FindAGrave.

4) Get pictures of my husband and I scanned so they can be backed up.

5) Post more of the information I have collected on my family tree at Ancestry.

6) Get my DNA tested for my maternal line and talk my father into getting his DNA tested for my Johnson family line.

7) Spend more time actively researching my genealogy.

8) Go to Michigan and Canada to do research.

9) Take more cemetery pictures.

10)Share my current research with all my family.

10 sounds like a good number of genealogical resolutions. I am sure I could come up with more. But if I want a chance of making all of them happen this year, I think 10 is reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment