Thursday, November 3, 2011

Are We Related to this Thompson dentist from Peoria?

This year at my family reunion a cousin asked me if we were related to this other Thompson. He had been told by an acquaintance that he looked and sounded like this dentist from Peoria, IL.

The name seemed to ring a bell but I couldn't find anything about this person in my family binder  which I always bring to the reunion.  I promised to do some research.  Now six months later.....  I have not progressed very far.

First, I checked my Family Tree Maker file.  Several years ago, I worked with a genealogist from Kansas.  She had been collecting obituaries for many years but had never entered them into a database system.  She sent me copies and I in return sent her pedigree charts, family charts and an electronic copy of the database.  No Thompson in my file fit the name and place I was given.

Second, I did a google search. Confirmed there is a dentist in Peoria IL by the name I was told. While I was able to find the location of his business for a possible candidate, I was looking for a more personal way of contacting Mr Thompson.  I wanted to substantiate the claim a little more as well.  Cold Calling is not one of my favorite pastimes.

Third, I checked Ancestry.com.  I found only one reference to a potential Thompson in US Public Records Index.  But the address did not seem to fit.

I will do a little more research.  More on the search for the dentist later.....






No comments:

Post a Comment